All Saints Parish Church, Wokingham
DescriptionAll Saints Parish Church stands at the junction of Peach Street, Wiltshire Road and London Road. It is Wokingham's oldest building with its distinctive 15th century tower.
It is not known when it was built but it was dedicated by Herbert, Bishop of Salisbury between 1189 and 1193. It is quite likely that a wooden chapel once stood on the site.
Details of memorials within the church are documented in "Memorials Inside All Saints Parish Church" by Jim Bell.
There is also a book about the bells, ringing and bell ringers, "Living Heritage" by John Harrison.
Both books are available from the Information Centre in the Wokingham Town Hall.
The associated photograph 1 shows the Wokingham MP, Mr. W. R. van STRAUBENZEE, M.B.E. attending the British Red Cross Society Service at the All Saints Church in October 1962.
The associated photograph 2 was painted in 1832 by W.A. Delamott, drawing master at the Royal Military College at Sandhurst.
SourceMemorials Inside All Saints Parish Church, Wokingham by Jim Bell
Wokingham A Pictorial History by J. and R. Lea
“All Saints Parish Church, Wokingham,” Wokingham's Virtual Museum, accessed January 27, 2020, https://www.wokingham-tc.gov.uk/museum/document/WTH0365.