Have a Voice!
Have you ever wondered how to make a contribution to what happens in your town? Do you have ideas to improve where you live? What about getting elected and adding your voice locally?
Wokingham Town Council is an active local council which currently has a vacancy in its Wescott West ward. With a by-election on 6th May there is an opportunity to get involved and join the team of Councillors and staff who work hard to both represent and provide services for all our residents.
There are 25 Councillors who work through our committees and make decisions about what we do.
- The Amenities Committee look after our seven parks, open spaces and play parks together with the market and our beautiful Town Hall and community centre at Woosehill.
- The Planning & Transportation Committee considers and comments on applications within the town boundaries.
- The Arts & Culture Committee strives to offer a range of events and cultural experiences for the town including such things as the annual street concert.
- The Civic Committee seeks to maintain our heritage so you will see an active town Mayor and for example the council leading at Remembrance each year.
- The Finance & Personnel Committee oversees the council’s budgets and takes responsibility for staffing matters.
The Council is keen to represent the full diversity of the town. All residents have a right to stand for election and to vote which includes our non-British EU citizens who live in the town. Why not consider stepping forward?
Interested to find out more?
- Browse our website while you are here.
- Give Jan Nowecki, Town Clerk, a ring. She is happy to have an informal discussion just call 07557 950741.
- Check out the the National Association of Local Councils NALC website for information on local town and parish councils.
- Wokingham Borough Council is the local Electoral Registrations Authority and for formal and legal information access HERE